Blog #3. Christmas Mints


 Christmas Mints 



        The holiday seasons are always a reason to think back on and cherish memories. It's the time of year to spend with family and friends, and be grateful for what you have. My family has always been considered close-knitted. My grandparents have five son's and a total of nine grandchildren, and every year we gather together for Christmas and they more or less, get us the same thing for gifts. The grandchildren always fight over who's the favorite, but Gram and Papa always say they love us the same. One year, we all got pajamas. Another year, we all got books. The year they got us nothing but a stocking full of snacks was my favorite. 

        It all started on Christmas day of 2013, we spent the whole afternoon eating food and catching up with each other. Finally, it was time to open presents. My grandma had all nine of her grandchildren sit down by the Christmas tree and she passed out stocking. I remember looking over at my brother, who glanced into his stocking, set it aside and grabbed his next present. One of my cousins sitting across from me, dumped his stocking out, picked what he wanted to keep and gave the rest to the younger kids. As for me, I stuck my hand in and felt around until I grabbed a crinkle wrapper and pulled out a hard, circular refreshment. By this time, everyone started opening all there presents. I tore apart the clear wrapping and tossed the snack into my mouth. Now, a certain mix of menthol and eucalyptus is a taste that I will forever associate with Christmas. 

        I had just finished drinking a cup of hot coco and was stuffed from eating food throughout the day. Chewing on my candy, I suddenly felt refreshed. Looking around at my family, I was grateful we were all gathered together at the end of another year. I never understood why we always had to meet at Grandma and Papa's every Christmas or why my dad and uncles always made it mandatory for us cousins to have a whole day of us spending time together. That was when I finally understood. Surrounding us was Christmas lights, decorations and each other. Right then and there, was when I finally realized what the true meaning of Christmas spirit was all about. 

Comments

  1. Hello Sammy, I think your choice of pictures were ok but should have been more mysterious and as to what you wanted your readers to guess and know about what you were describing. I think your layout was also neat and organized and correct formatted. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment