Every single person will go through something that forces them to change. We all face challenges in our lives that gives us our own unique experience and characteristics. Every individual who walks this earth has their own values and opinions that are shaped by those experiences. I would argue, that how we respond to those life events are what truly define us. Here are seven rules of life that I live by that I would like to share on my blog.
Rule #1: Let it go. (Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday.) Life is short, unexpected things happen. My twenty eight years on this earth has showed me that, and I believe that you should take the good from every bad situation and move on.
Rule #2: Ignore them. (Don't listen to other people.) It is easy to say things about other people but no one knows everything about a situation, or what influences you to live the life your creating. I believe in criticism. But now a days, everyone has a life that they post about online and half of it is fake. Be unique.
Rule #3: Give it time. (Time heals everything) Now, this is a rule I struggle with. My mother passed away when I was eighteen years old and everyone would tell me that in time, I would be okay. This year marks ten years since she's been gone. Time helps, but grief is something that is a daily part of my life now. I would redefine this rule, and say give yourself time.
Rule #4: Don't compare. (The only person you should try to beat is the person you were yesterday.) This rule is my favorite. I often tell myself that baby steps will get me to where I'm going, as long as I keep going toward my goal and I did better than I did yesterday.
Rule #5: Stay Calm. (It's okay to not have everything figured out.) Currently, I'm going through a divorce with a sixteen month old baby. I'm working part-time, going to school full-time and raising my daughter alone. Staying calm and consistent is something I have to remind myself to do daily.
Rule #6: It's on you. (Only you are in charge of your happiness.) Only you can create the life you want. Whatever struggles you may face, I believe will only make you stronger in the end. No matter your limitations, if there is a will, there is a way.
Rule #7: Smile. (Life is short. Enjoy it while you have it.) It is so easy to get caught up in life. You can waste your day scrolling on social media. Time can pass, without any interaction from your family. Unexpected things happen and sometimes it feels like nothing is going right. Smile. Don't get caught up in the little things, that you forget about what is truly important.
Every person is unique in their own way. Every situation gives you room for personal growth. There is always a number of things that can help you adapt and overcome. Friends and family are always important. Activities that you enjoy doing including hobbies, sports, and my personal favorite; music. Be you, and as Bob Marley would say, "Don't Worry, Be Happy."


Thank you for this post, you don't understand how much it helps! I agree with every rule and it would be if everyone lived by them. You are such a strong person considering what your situation is right now. Your kid has an amazing mother and so far you are doing a super great job by pushing through. I too have been going through some challenges this past month but like you said, by staying calm and consistent, we can maintain ourselves and our happiness. Keep going, you've got this!!
ReplyDeleteI have developed this mindset lately, and it has helped me overcome so many issues. I used to get so flustered and breakdown when things weren't going my way. Now I see challenges as lessons and try to take away the positives from them.
ReplyDelete